This post is in response: to "The Big Questions". (Series 5 Episode 15) screened on BBC 1 on 29th April 2012 presented by Nicky Campbell.
The topic being debated was "Should halal and kosher meat be labelled?"
The argument presented by the pro halal guests was that there is no need to label halal slaughtered meat products because halal slaughter is more humane than the slaughter of a stunned animal.
Watch this video and decide for yourself.
The video is extremely graphic. Don't say I didn't warn you.
The first few seconds shows a standard animal slaughter.
The rest of the video shows how Muslims insist their animals are slaughtered.
Fast Food Chains in the UK sell Halal meat without any indication it is Halal.
- Domino's Pizza:- Most of their Chicken is Halal
- Pizza Hut: - Some Chicken is Halal
- KFC:- Some Chicken is Halal (Excludes Halal only branches)
- Nando's:- A Small amout of Chicken is Halal in all branches (Excludes Halal only branches)
- SubWays:- Less than 5% Halal - Not Stunned (Excludes Halal only branches)
- MacDonalds, Burger King and Wimpey:- Do not sell Halal food in the UK
Supermarkets in the UK are selling Halal meat without any indication it is Halal.
- Tesco:- All New Zealand Lamb is Halal - 35% of UK Lamb is Halal
- Waitrose:-All Lamb is Halal -
- M&S:-All New Zealand Lamb is Halal -
- Sainsbury:-All New Zealand Lamb is Halal -
- Asda (Wal-Mart):- Refused to Comment
- Somerfield:-All New Zealand Lamb is Halal -
- The Co-op:-All New Zealand Lamb is Halal -
The Food industry is selling us Halal Slaughtered meat and are not telling us it is Halal or what a Halal Slaughter is.
Muslims tell us Halal Slaughter is much more humane than the way the west slaughter animals.
This is done in the name of Religion.
BBC1 - The Big Question:
Daily Mail - News article: